Pass it On
CIT Wandesford Quay Gallery presents Pass it On, an International Graduate Artists in Residency exhibition, which takes place from 11 November – 3 December 2016.
Graduate artists from five countries, including Ireland, were selected to participate in the International Graduate Artists in Residency programme at Southampton Solent University. They researched, collaborated and developed new work for this exhibition that will tour internationally among the participating countries.
Pass it On was first shown in Solent Showcase Gallery in September 2016, it opens in Cork this November and moves to The Netherlands, France and China in 2017.
For the first time, artists from across the globe have been given the chance to showcase their work and launch their careers through an international touring exhibition as part of the Trans National Creative Exchange Project.
This year, thanks to Southampton Solent University’s partnership with Trans-National Creative Exchange (TNCE), the scheme has been opened up to young artists from other countries. Co-funded by the European Union’s Creative Europe Programme, TNCE brings together international partners from countries including Ireland, The Netherlands, China, France and the UK.
This year’s ten selected artists are:
• Kate Aries – Southampton Solent University, UK
• Liang Chaoyu – China Academy of Art, Shanghai Institute of Design, China
• Sam Hiscock – Southampton Solent University, UK
• Áine Kelly – CIT Crawford College of Art and Design, Ireland
• Charlotte Landry – Rencontres Audiovisuelles, France
• Hélène Nivesse – Rencontres Audiovisuelles, France
• Gerard O’Callaghan – CIT Crawford College of Art and Design, Ireland
• Danique Valstar – De Haagse Hogeschool, the Netherlands
• Amy Wright – Southampton Solent University, UK
• Que Xueyin – China Academy of Art, Shanghai Institute of Design, China
During the summer of 2016, the selected graduates were provided with the time, money and studio space to produce work for an exhibition – giving them the opportunity to work professionally with a contemporary gallery.
This year’s exhibition, Pass it On, is inspired by the unstoppable modern interchange of ideas between artists from across the globe.
“As well as highlighting the benefits of creative collaboration, this exhibition is about celebrating art’s power to keep pushing the world forward,” says Kate Maple, Curator of the University’s Solent Showcase Gallery.
The exhibition is available to view at CIT Wandesford Quay Gallery in Cork, Wednesday – Saturday 10am – 6pm, from 11 November to 3 December 2016.
CIT Wandesford Quay Gallery
Opening hours: Wednesday – Saturday, 10am – 6pm
International partners of the TNCE include: Southampton Solent University, CIT Crawford College of Art and Design, The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Rencontres Audiovisuelles and China Academy of Art/Shanghai Institute of Design.